Friday 10 January 2020
Happy new year
We hope you had a peaceful break over the festive holiday and would like to wish you a very happy new year.
Have your questions answered at our weekly drop-in
If you have any questions about previous work, the major works or any other concerns, visit our weekly drop-in sessions to speak to a quality inspector.
- Mondays 12pm to 2pm at Dorney TRA hall with Vic
- Tuesdays 12pm to 2pm at Taplow TRA hall with Mike
- Fridays 12pm to 2pm at Bray TRA hall with Kirk
Residents from all blocks can visit any of these sessions. If you can’t make these times call 020 7974 4444 (option 7) or email email@example.com for an appointment outside of these hours.
Tell us what you think about the breakout area
- We have received positive feedback from residents about the example breakout area at Bray. We also took members of the Chalcots Work Group to see the area and the initial feedback was very positive.
- We are keen for residents to see the area so you can tell us what you think and let us know if there is anything that would make the area better for you during the works.
- Book to view the breakout area by calling us on 0207 974 4444 (option 7) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blashford show flat
- Wates are currently creating a show flat at Blashford which will show the different stages of the lowering of the window sills. We are hoping the flat will be finished at the end of January, ready for residents to visit – we will keep you updated.
- By early next week the double yellow lines will be changed into single yellow lines with clear signage for restrictions on Fellows Road. This will make three parking bays available on Fellows Road near Burnham. Single yellow lines will remain in place so that large vehicles can access our sites as well as load and unload materials and goods when they need to.
- The Wates cabins will be moving from the forecourt at Bray towards the end of the month and three parking spaces will become available for residents to use.
- There are now two paid parking bays in Fellows Road and Winchester Road that can be used free of charge by street parking permit holders.
- We have started building the permanent fencing at Taplow and Bray to make sure the site is safe and the forecourt areas of each block are as light as possible. Once complete, we will build this fencing at Dorney and Burnham.
- The issue of the scaffolding blocking windows at Taplow and Bray is a priority and we are working to resolve this.
- The permanent fencing will be up until the works are finished.
- We are currently installing information screens in each block to bring you updates on the progress of the works in real time.
- Thank you for your patience as we get the screens up and running. The screen at Taplow has already been installed but is not showing up to date information at the moment – all screens will be in place and working shortly, showing information and updates specific to each block.
- Camden’s fire safety team is working with TRAs to help residents fire safety check their homes and communal areas. The team will be in touch with TRA representatives shortly.
English lessons at Dorney
- Camden ESOL advice service will be holding English classes at the Chalcots from next week.
- The course will run for four weeks from Thursday 16 January, 2pm to 5pm at Dorney TRA Hall – come along on this day to register for the course. A teacher will check your English speaking, listening, reading and writing, and will help you to improve over the four weeks. Everyone is welcome.