Friday 23 August 2019
Our resident survey starts this week
- In our last newsletter we told you that the housing research company, Acuity, would be getting in touch with all residents to get your feedback on the works that have been done so far and the design of the replacement cladding and windows. We are using an independent company so residents feel they can speak freely and openly and give honest feedback.
- Your feedback will help us ensure we address any unresolved issues from the previous works and inform how the next phase of works are carried out as well as how Camden works with you and your neighbours.
- Acuity will be contacting residents from this week to talk through a short survey. If you would like to find out more information about Acuity you can visitor call01273 287 114.
Front door repairs
- Locksmith services and general door repairs will now be carried out by Camden repairs service. This has moved to Camden because we have reached the end of the defects period for the doors, and they have been handed back to us by the contractor who installed them.
- If you require any repair to your door please contact the repairs line on 020 7974 4444option 7 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer activities near you
Here’s a reminder of the events from our summer programme for the last week of the summer holidays:
- Camden Summer University – if you live in Camden, go to a Camden state school or attend a Camden Council youth centre, then you can take part in more than 80 free courses with Camden Summer University. Choose from arts, sport, career and life skills at top local venues. Visitcmdn.co.uk to book your place.
- Space Chase Summer Reading Challenge – the Summer Reading Challenge asks 4-11 year olds to borrow and read any six library books over the summer. The theme for the 2019 reading challenge is ‘space chase’, inspired by the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. To sign up, you can go to any library in Camden, the closest one to you is Swiss Cottage Library.
- The Winch Summer Programme – activities include trips to the beach and a water course, football for under 15s and under 21s, and a youth club on Tuesdays for 10-12 year olds and Wednesdays for 13 year olds and above. Call 020 7586 8731 or sign up at The Winch.
- Camden Alive: Collaborate Exhibition – this runs until Saturday 31 August and explores themes of working together and sharing idea. For information visitlovecamden.org/camdenalive
Ongoing summer activities:
- Free swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre on Saturdays, 10am to 5pm and Sundays, 10am to 3pm. Don’t forget to bring a proof of address.
- North Camden Zone Tea, Cake and Chat – drop in every Tuesday from 10am to 12pm for a chat with the team and some of your neighbours. The next event is on Tuesday 27 August at Dorney TRA Hall.
- Get fit and healthy at our Green Gyms – try a new way to get moving by working with us to improve outdoor spaces, tackling physical jobs like digging and replanting.
- The Belsize and Adelaide Green Gym – every second and third Sunday of the month from 11am to 2pm meeting at the Belsize Sensory Garden, NW3 2AL. For more information or to join, email@example.com or call 07989 231 506.
- West Hampstead Green Gym – every Friday from 10.45am to 2pm taking place on three Camden sites: Westbere Copse, Minster Road and Mill Lane open space. For more information or to join us, please firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and more events throughout the borough visit camden.gov.uk/summer.