Camden youth council
Help to represent young people in Camden and make change happen by joining Camden Youth Council.
We are always eager to recruit more Youth Council members. These hardworking individuals help us mobilise the youth of Camden in democracy, informing them of the opportunities open to them and tackling key issues they face. They attend meetings with other Camden Youth Council members, the Youth MP and the Deputy Youth MPs.
Anyone aged 13 to 19 who lives in Camden or attends a school, college or youth club in Camden, or works here, is eligible to apply to join us. We are a diverse group of young people, and we want to reach as many young people as possible.
Camden Youth MP Election 2020
Young people across Camden go to the polls from 16 to 27 March 2020 to decide who will represent them. All 11 to 19-year-olds who live in Camden, go to a local school or college, or work in the borough, are eligible to vote in their school or youth centre.
We’re looking for candidates to stand in the next Camden Youth MP Election - could it be you?
- Find out more and apply to stand before 20 January
- Watch: a short film about what it's like to be Camden's Youth MP
What will your Youth MP do for Camden?
The Youth MP, and two Deputy Youth MPs, will have a two-year term and be the voice for Camden young people, seeking to put forward their interests in local decision-making, as well as representing the views and interests of local young people at regional and national level through the UK Youth Parliament (UKYP)
Your newly-elected Youth MP and Deputy Youth MPs will:
- lead Camden Youth Council
- attend regional and national events
- attend the UKYP national meeting to decide on future campaigns
- attend the UKYP event at the House of Commons to debate and vote on national campaigns
- meet senior Council officers, councillors and other local decision-makers
- visit schools and youth clubs
- oversee the progress of the issues outlined by young people at the Camden Shout Out and Youth Question Time events
- represent the views of local young people at a range of council and community meetings
The Youth MP election is organised by staff in Camden’s youth service and local young people.