Lose weight in Camden and Islington
Rebalance is a 12 week, group, weight-loss programme of exercise and dietary advice for overweight or obese adults. It covers nutritional advice, healthy-eating guidance, online, cognitive behavioural support and help to get active.
You can refer yourself for our Rebalance programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Resident of Camden or Islington and/or registered with a Camden or Islington GP
- Express a willingness and motivation to change
- Age 18 years and older
- If your Body Mass Index is between 30 and 50, or between 27.5 and 50 if BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) group, and do not have any co-morbidities (i.e. a diagnosed health condition)
- Not pregnant. Service user should only participate once they are cleared to exercise after their 6–8 week post-natal check-up
- Minimum of 1 exercise session per week.
- Participants are able to attend more than the minimum requirement.
- Minimum of 1 nutritional class per week.
You will need to ask your GP or other health professional for a referral if your Body Mass Index is over 25, or over 23 if BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) group, and have been diagnosed with one of the following conditions:
- Controlled diabetes or hypertension
- Hyperlipidaemia (a type of high cholesterol)
- Controlled asthma or COPD
- Osteoporosis (T-Score 2.5 or lower, no history of trauma fractures)
- Mild arthritis in hips or knees
- Cardiac patients who have completed all phases of Cardiac Rehabilitation
For more information about this programme contact: email@example.com